LOVING SHELTER VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
We are looking for loving volunteers to help take care of our cats and dogs. We are a no kill adoption center and we pride ourselves in helping our animals find the best possible forever homes. We are looking for responsible volunteers who can commit to a regular weekly 1-2 hour shift.
Duties for volunteers at the center include:
- Brushing cats and cat towers
- Kennel care for cats
- Sweep and mopping floors
- Kennel care for dogs
- Cleaning windows in large dog area
- Bathe and groom dogs
- Walk dogs (18 & older only)
- Laundry and dishes
Hours for volunteers include Tuesday through Saturday 10:00am to 6:00pm. Morning help is greatly needed. Sunday and Monday starting time is 10:00am to finish.
Weekly volunteers are also needed to care for our cats at the Layton PetSmart (859 Hill Field).
Underage Volunteers (Under 14 years of age)
Not quite old enough to volunteer at the shelter? There are still many ways you can help out!
Here are some suggestions of ways you can help:
- Donation drives at schools or within your community for items on our wish list
- Bake sales to raise donation money
- Wrap goodie bags to go home with adopted animals, that include treats, toys, and leashes (We provide supplies)
- Make blankets or toys for the kennels
- Make dog beds or cat towers for inside/outside areas
- Help with public awareness and pass out fliers
- Put up and collect change boxes at local stores
Let us know if you have any other ideas, and thank you for your help!
Office volunteers also needed:
Office work may not be your idea of a good time, but in order for us to save animals we have to keep exact records. Volunteers are needed at our downtown office to perform basic filing and data entry as well as help out with other projects. You do not need to be a computer wiz, just be willing to come in a few hours a week during business hours. We can be flexible with your schedule. Although we do not keep our adoption program animals here at the office, you will still enjoy your time here. There are always a few furry friends here at the office to greet you!
Duties include the following:
- Answer phones, determine caller’s need, route call to appropriate UAAC employees or take a message as needed
- Greet customers, determine their need, locate appropriate UAAC employee
- Hand write thank you letters to adopters
- Data entry
- Keep office neat and clean
- Assist UAAC employees with office needs as requested
The days and hours of work for an office volunteer are Tuesday through Saturday 9:30 am to 6:00 pm. This position requires minimal contact with the animals.
How To Get Started:
- Download, fill out and return this volunteer application: Utah Animal-Adoption-Center-Volunteer-Application
- New volunteers must attend a casual new volunteer orientation before they can start. For volunteers under 15, an adult also must attend the new volunteer orientation and sign up to volunteer as well.
For court ordered community service this orientation will count towards completed hours.